Contact

History

Highview Public School, originally called East Ward Public School, was built in 1923.  There has been many physical changes to the school over the years and many staff changes - but throughout the 90+ years Highview has continued to be a warm, friendly, community school. 

The following are some of our school's key milestones:

Year

Key Milestone/Activity

1923 Highview, originally called East Ward Public School, was built.
1927 Our School became a member of the Home and School Association under President Mrs. Malloch.

1932

Diphtheria outbreak necessitated 144 students to receive the toxoid.
1935

Purchase of its first new ditto machine and piano for the library

1957

A new wing was built which included a gymnasium, library, and several classrooms.

1994-95

The wing built in 1957 was refurbished. Students were required to attend Laurentian PS duing the renovation project.

 2006

Highview PS welcomed students from Laurentian PS after its closing due to amalgamation. It was referred to as "The Year of Unity".

2016

Present)

Highview currently consists of a  population of 420 students.  The school remains very community-minded, friendly and welcoming.